Autism and Sport: Train Social inclusion (AU.SPO.) is a project of “Collaborative Partnerships” which has the main objective of encouraging social inclusion and equal opportunities in sports, through greater participation in the sports activities of adolescents and young people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD).
It involves 8 partners from 5 European countries (Italy, Romania, Spain, Croatia and Latvia).
The aim of the project is to start a sustainable and continuous learning path that connects social workers, sports coaches of sports clubs, residential structures, associations, NGOs, Foundations and in a greater involvement in sport and educational activities.
Association for the care of autistic persons Rijeka
1. We are sending 7 videos from our swimming lessons. We put description for videos:
1.1. Students doing leg work by the pool
1. 2. Leg work for swimming by the pool
1. 3. Marko doing exercises with 3 students
1. 4. Jelena – kraul legs and blowing bubbles
1. 5. Jan improving breathing under water 1
1. 6. Jan improving breathing under water 2
1. 7. Marko and students in small pool
2. On January 25th and 26th one of our athlete Jan Šokčević participated in Split on swimming competition
On January 30th and March 5th we had a visit from students from third year on Faculty of Health Studies Marko was holding lectures which involved theoretical part and working with students.
3. On both video is our student Dominik is working exercise for Autism Fitness program.
On first video he is showing warm up drills and on second he is showing drills which we use as a task in main part of the class.
Hurdles steps is first warm up exercise and we use it for assessment. Bear walk is second warm up exercise and we use it for assessment also. He is showing regression and progression.
4. First exercise is squat which we use for assessment, and he is showing regression and progression of exercise. Second exercise is overhead press and is also used for assessment and he is showing regression and progression of exercise.
5. One picture or one Zoom_Moment from P.E which was held on 4th of May 2020.